Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Humid run to work

Man was it humid this morning! What a day to pick to run into work for the first time in about 6 months...my shirt was soaked before I even made it to the end of Kenneth Road...and from then on it was just a matter of survival, with the only thing keeping me going being the thought of the next downhill section!

Parrawi was lethal, as was the pull up to Sydney Road...and Clark Road to the bridge felt like the Iger. Small hills felt like mountains today.

Didn't help that I was running with a backpack on but still, it was pretty ugly stuff. Saw Andrew and Jeff coming across the Harbour Bridge, also soaking but looking a lot fresher then I felt!

I managed to get to Kent Street in one piece, struggled into the 7-11 and downed a Gatorade on the spot. Probably the best drink I have ever had.

All up, just over 16km in just under 1.30 at 5.25's. Ugly ugly ugly. But good to get a long run under the belt I guess. Humidity and me just don't mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment