Couldn't be bothered with the hassle of going to Track as I was feeling a little tired after the past couple of days.
Instead decided to go for a tempo run around the Manly circuit with the intention being to push the pace as far as I could whilst still remaining comfortable, i.e. my intended race pace for Canberra.
Set off still feeling tired, but managed to get into a rhythm by Kenneth Road, averaging 4.42's all the way around to the Burnt Creek Deviation.
The pace dropped a little on the pull up to Sydney Road, but the legs came good again along Sydney Road and back into Manly, by which time I had got the average down to 4.40's.
Pushed on to Shelley and then back along the beach front, finishing at the lagoon, the last 4 km's of flat enabling me to get down to an overall average pace for the run of 4.35's.
Felt in control the whole way which was my principal aim, focussing on my form and using the arms to keep up the momentum.
Very happy with that session for where I need to be. Will take today off, might swim tomorrow before the mini tri on Sunday, being the last big hit out before the big day...
No comments:
Post a Comment