Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sweaty squash

Very warm on the show court last night. I had dropped the bike off beforehand and was running late so ended up sprinting to the court so was dripping wet before I even got there.

After a quick warm up, Ric took game 1 to 6 before I replied, also to 6. Game 2 was a marathon which I eventually took out 10-8. Very close. Ric then ran away with the final game to 4 but my legs were literally gone by that time. My serve was less than impressive throughout which was disappointing.

A good, hard game all the same, but my legs are suffering this morning. I didn't even ride in, preferring to rest before Pain at lunchtime.

The end result of taking my bike in was that I need a new cassette and chain apparently. That probably explains the gear jumping over the past couple of rides. The guy didn't recommend I replaced my Dura Ace, so I plumped for the Ultegra set instead. Much cheaper and very little difference in weight. The guy also recommended some kind of weird gel thing to prevent punctures. I was sceptical at first but for $40 decided to give it a go....if it means I don't get a puncture in Canberra it could be the best $40 I have ever spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment