On a delightful Sydney afternoon, I decided to take advantage of a spare hour and head down to the pool for my first serious swim since Canberra.
Decided just to do a km as the pool was quite busy - felt hard to start with, probably due to the fact I hadn't swum for a while, but soon felt comfortable as I got back into it. Sighting was a problem as it always is in the pool, with the sun making every other 50m very difficult to see the other end.
All done in just over 24 mins. Compared to 21 mins with my wet suit on. Slow, but still enjoyable.
Backed it up this morning with another 700m, this time with Catherine, and before the pool was taken over by thousands of kids for the normal Saturday morning swimming carnival. No timing this time, preferring just to enjoy being in the water.
In other news, the Husky long course triathlon has now sold out unfortunately, which means it looks like it is off the agenda for 2012. I have emailed the organisers to see if there is a waitlist, but the website suggests that the race is closed. I am very disappointed not to have entered this one, as it was to have been one of my main races for the first part of 2012, but it is my fault for not getting my act together earlier...
This all means that I now need to rethink what I will do in the first half of 2012. Maybe 6 Foot is back on the agenda after all. There are also a couple of Olympic distance tri's in Nowra and Wollongong I could go for, along with maybe 1/2 Kurnells...and then there is always the Gold Coast marathon in July too if I fancy it...
All options I need to give serious thought to now!
No comments:
Post a Comment