Thursday, December 29, 2011

Akuna Bay Reversed

Met Tim and Roly and headed up the beaches for an early ride.

From the start the pace was quick with Roly in particular keen to put the hammer down.

Got to the Church Point turn off under 30 mins, making it to the West Head turn off under 55 mins - both quicker than normal.

From the West Head turn off, we decided to continue on to Akuna Bay and brave the hill back up to Terrey Hills, returning back down McCarrs Creek and out the same way we came in. Roly was having problems with his back wheel, managing to develop a slow puncture twice, once at the bottom of the Akuna Bay loop and again in Dee Why. The stop at the bottom of the Akuna Bay hill in particular was a welcome break at the time!

By the time we got to Dee Why, I pushed on, leaving Tim to help out with the puncture repair, as I was late back and still wanted to sneak in a run if I could.

After a quick garage change, I was quickly back out again, retracing my route of Christmas Eve to Shelley and back.

On the way back, I met Tim and Roly who were running in the opposite direction, so decided to retrace my steps and finish off with them.

Pace wise, I ran the first 5.75km in 4.34's, with the last 2.6km at 4.22's for 8.4km in 37.50 at an average of 4.30 overall.

All up, 69km on the bike in 2.38 with 8.4km in 37.50 for a total of 77km in 3.15.

No comments:

Post a Comment