Hot squash last night - it must have been 35 degrees on Court 1.
I knew I would have to start well to have any chance, as I was feeling tired after the past couple of days and the lunchtime swim.
Luckily I went 2-0 up, easily winning both games to 3 and 5 respectively and was feeling strong.
I then proceeded to lose the next 3 games, although I was competitive in each game. It has to be said that Ric had his fair slice of luck on his side though, with at least 7-8 points resulting from some dodgy bounces. The luck was definitely on his side and he knew it!
Lost the decider to 6 in the closest game of the lot, including some marathon rallies that had us both on our knees. Happy with the way I was making him play the corners though..just need to be a bit more delicate about it next time.\
A good game, even though my body temperature was through the roof and I was sweating for the rest of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment