Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spring Pain

After missing last week’s session, I was keen to get back into some interval work today.
Warmed up with Tim and Dave on what felt like a very warm and humid day for the time of year. Certainly much warmer than it has been recently, maybe Spring has sprung at last?!

Went in group 2 again and started off slowly for the first couple of sprints, only really getting into it on the pull up to the lamp post. From there, the G2G was a lot quicker than normal (probably aided by the patter of Tim’s footsteps behind me) and generally the pace picked up.

From there on, although I managed to hold on within the group fairly easily and was never in any danger of being dropped, I never felt strong and comfortable – probably not helped by the fact that Tim was on fire and towards the front of most of the sprints and I was struggling to keep up with him. He was looking very strong today.

Finished in an average time really, and was drenched through due to the heat. Still, a good hard session as always!

Not sure about the HR reading – I think my Garmin strap may need some new batteries!

Time: 28.37
HR: 175 (ave) / 251 (max)
G2G: 2.31

No comments:

Post a Comment