Catherine was keen for a swim and with it still being cold, meaning the ocean pool is out of bounds, we headed to the Diggers to investigate the quality of the pool there.
Entry was $8 so not too bad, plus it was virtually empty apart from a couple of old women striding up and down their lanes with floats strategically placed. As a result, Catherine and I had a lane to oursevles.
The pool is only 25m long and was heated to what felt like 50 degrees and so it was hard work. Especially the shorter length compared to the normal 50m which felt like you were always pushing off.
That being said, I still managed 1500m all up, split into 3 different intervals. Catherine reckons I am still slow in pulling my arms over as well as placing my arm across my head when it enters the water. All good points.
In other news, a great run from Andrew and Team HTB to come 6th in Trailwalker after being 165th after CP1. An awesome effort from the 3 guys to pull it back after one member had to pull out with some superb split times. A truely inspiring race! Made me feel very jealous as I was following them online...I still feel I have unfinushed business with this one....next year.
Great effort from Ric's team to get over the line too. A little slower but a superb effort non the less! Apparently they struggled towards the end with 2 guys hitting the wall, and so to finish with all 4 people is very impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment