After 48 hours of solid rain, it finally cleared at lunchtime just in time for a speed session....I hadn't run since Saturday, and even though I had ridden in to work, my legs still felt fresh.
Met up with Tim beforehand - nice to have company for this session, even though conversation is impossible from about 10 mins in!
Decided to push ourselves and went in group 2. Started off easily but the pace quickly built up when we realised that group 3 was catching us up. As a result we pushed the pace hard from Farm Cove onwards.
Gate to Gate was ok at 2.35 and from then on I felt strong for the rest of the set finishing in 28.12.
Overall a good session to get under the belt in perfect running conditions, albeit soggy underfoot. I think Tim enjoyed it although he seemed to struggle towards the end, probably due to the fact that he hadn't run for 2 weeks prior:
Time: 28.12
G2G: 2.35
HR: XX/XX
No comments:
Post a Comment