Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Changing squash

Started late due to Ric having a bump on the Anzac Bridge....all of which probably enabled me to quickly take a 1-0 lead, 9-6 after being 8-1 up!

Ric pulled it back to 1-1 before I again took the lead 2-1. Ric again evened things up at 2-2 at which point we were made to switch to court 2, which is vastly inferior to court 1 with less lighting and a darker floor.

Got to 6-6 in the deciding game with Ric serving at which point we again switched courts to numero 3 which is worse again than both courts 1 and 2!

I quickly broke back and served out to win the game 9-6, taking a 3-2 victory overall!

I was very happy with my game tonight, felt fresh and light on my feet. I also tried mixing it up a bit more with some more subtle softer shots mixed in with the big hooners. Need to work on my serve though. At times it was dreadful!

3 week break now until I get back from England. I will actually miss this part of my week as it is so different from the running, cycling, swimming routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment