Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sneaky swim

Seeing as though I hadn’t swum properly for a couple of weeks, and what with the weather being cold and thereby preventing any outdoor swimming, I decided to head up to the pool at lunchtime for a dip.

I got there just after 12 with the pool half empty and only 1 other person in the medium “any stroke” lane. The medium “freestyle only” lane was full for some reason but the others were virtually empty. No idea why.

I had already decided on the walk up to the pool to do the 1/2/3/4/3/2/1 pyramid session as an attempt to keep myself motivated through the set…

Felt ok on the way up the intervals, but on the way back down, my arms and shoulders started to ache and by the time I got to the last couple of sets I had to convince myself that I was actually making forward progress! It was very slow going. Not helped by feeling very low in the water again compared to the salt water pool.

Still, it was good to crank out 1600m and at least attempt to keep my swimming in some sort of form during the winter. I need to try and do this at least once a week from now on I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment