I reckon today was my perfect kind of running day. Cool, overcast with a little wind. Meant I didn’t sweat a lot.
Went in group 2 and immediately felt comfortable chugging along at the back as per normal for the first couple of sprints before working my way to the middle of the pack towards the latter stages. Focused on form and finishing all the sprints as opposed to some who stop 10-15m short of where the sprint is supposed to end. Longer course today as the Governor General’s house was being used which meant a diversion past the opera house. The Garmin showed 5.94km wherease it is usually 5.6/5.7km. A slower overall time as a result, plus more rest before the G2G sprint which always helps (hence the faster time for this interval).
Even added the stairs into the penultimate sprint up past the art gallery for a bit of variety.
All up 29.10 including an extra 90 seconds I reckon for the diversion.
G2G: 2.34
Ave/max HR: 143/165
No comments:
Post a Comment