Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Painful recovery

Part 2 of the totally inappropriate recovery involved rocking up to Pain today. Still sore, still stiff and probably not needing a speed session. Oh well, I’ll just drop down a group and HTFU I thought!
With that in mind I skulked to the back of group 4, the bunny group, and off we trotted, determined not to be made the bunny given the state of my legs.

Things were very much hard work to start with and my legs felt like lead such that I found it difficult to keep up with the rest of the group through the first few warm up sprints with the recoveries spent trying to hang on as well. By the time the lamp post sprint came about the legs were starting to move quickly and from then on I generally felt ok, happy to run in the middle of the pack.

The G2G time was average, but I deliberately didn’t really push it that hard and from then on I sat just off the front, content to churn out the last few sprints.

I am planning on running the Manly 10km on Sunday and so, with that in mind, will be backing off the running for the rest of the week to give my body some proper time to recover.

Time: 28.22
Ave/max HR: 146/167
G2G: 2.39

No comments:

Post a Comment