Talk about going from one extreme to the other. From the high of Sunday’s tri, Ric well and truly brought me down to earth last night on the squash court.
Maybe I shouldn’t have played so soon after Sunday…but I do enjoy a good trash around the squash court.
In the end I lost 5-2. Could and should have been 6-1. The body wasn’t too bad and the heart rate never actually got that high, I just had no quick reflexes and was generally very lethargic. I didn’t run for balls I knew I could and should have got, and instead just relied on Ric to make mistakes or me to play the big winning shot. Which I didn’t.
Lessons learnt.
Moving forward, my next target is the half marathon in 4 weeks time. It would be great to go sub 1.35, although I need to work on my speed before then if I am to get anywhere near this time.
Starting with Pain tomorrow lunchtime…
No comments:
Post a Comment