Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not enough pain

Rocked up to Pain for the start of my renewed focus on speed prior to the half marathon…and then proceeded to go in group 4 as my legs were still sore from Sunday.

Despite this I felt strong throughout the session and positioned myself comfortably within what was a large group.

The gate 2 gate time wasn’t great, but again comfortable and I managed to finish within the body of the group for the final sprint. Something I am not usually able to do as I tend to push the penultimate sprint hard.

Happy with how I felt at the end, but now need to step up to group 3 next week though and start to bring my times down if I am going to give sub 1.35 a serious shot in May.

Having said all that, I just checked my times since January and it was the second quickest session this year! After a 28.05 in February...a good sign perhaps?

Time: 28.59
Average HR: 147
Max HR: 172
G2G: 2.37

No comments:

Post a Comment