With the Balmoral Tri on Sunday...I have been aware of my lack of cycling recently and so with that in mind I decided to ride to work today, just to turn the legs over.
I left just before 7am and headed along Balgowlah Road thinking I could just loop over the Burnt Creek Deviation and back into Seaforth. How wrong I was...so for the 3rd time in as many weeks I found myself lost near Manly Dam again...only this time I found myself heading the wrong way down the Wakehurst Parkway! Talk about deja vu!
So after U-turning, and negotiating more hills than I needed to I eventually found myself in Seaforth and managed to negotiate myself down to the Spit Bridge.
From there it was pretty straightforward up Parrawi and then the back roads of Mosman and Neutral Bay, into Kirribilli and then across the bridge to the CBD, finishing off along the new bike path to work.
Overall, although I did get lost, it was a great start to the day.....and a lovely way to get to work! I will certainly ride into work a lot more in the future...
Total mileage: 23.06 km
Time: 1.02.39
Ave speed: 22.1 km/hr
No comments:
Post a Comment