First Pain of 2011 due to Ashes commitments and airport duties last week.
It was a hot and humid day with low cloud and rain in the air.
Anyway, I hadn’t done anything since last Thursday due to more cricket (and tennis) watching in Melbourne and so I was keen to hit the session hard and get back into it seeing as though it was about 5 weeks since I had last done the set.
It wasn’t a very large turn out and so I decided to go in group 2. We started off at a fair lick and I was soon puffing more than I remember I should be. It wasn’t necessarily the recoveries that were faster, but the sprints felt a lot quicker for some reason. I was managing to keep up, just finding myself at the back of the pack more than I am used to. Or more than I remember. Then again, this was group 2 and I was used to group 3 or 4.
Gate 2 Gate was fairly quick for the conditions, but I struggled from that point onwards, only just managing to get my breath back before the next sprint!
From then on I just put my head down and did the best I could. I didn’t finish last, but there weren’t too many people behind me at the finish!
A good session to start the year though and i'm pleased that I pushed myself to go in group 2, even though the finishing time wasn't that crash hot.
It was also the first time I had worn the HR with the new Garmin. Interesting to see that the average and max HR are all higher than the Polar registered….also interesting to see that the Garmin measured the course at 5.9km when I always thought it was 5.6. G2G being 701m, not 750m!
Total time: 29.12
G2G: 2.35
Average HR: 155
Max HR: 177
No comments:
Post a Comment