Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pain...lots of it!

My legs are officially smashed and my hamstrings feel like they have recoiled into my backside. I have pushed them too hard over the past 24 hours, and I knew it before I rocked up for Pain. The run home in the heat followed by the hard squash game, topped off by a ride in to work this morning meant that the legs had had a pretty hard days work! And that was before Pain even started.

As a result I decided to drop down the groups, but still ended up in what turned out to be a fast group 4.

I spent most of the set right at the back of the group, but managed to keep up throughout, despite thinking at various points that it would be best for me to drop back to group 5 who were hard on our heels the whole way round.

Not a great session to be honest, and one that I only just made it through in one piece. Not helped by the heat (although not as warm as last night) but the legs just weren't up to it to be honest. There was very little difference between the sprints and the recoveries.

Timing wise, it was actually a pretty quick session:

Time: 29.38
G2G: 3.01
Ave HR: 149 / Max HR: 166

No Australia Day running for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment