I was registered to compete in the BTC triathlon on Sunday but for one reason or another I didn't end up doing it. Very annoying and frustrating, but in the end I basically talked myself out of it and bottled the race. Mainly due to my perceived weakness in the swim and not wanting to look like a total fool in front of people who are clearly quicker than me. Basically, my swimming is too slow and is a problem for me mentally, especially in a small race like the BTC one would have been. I can manage the distance, easily, I just can't seem to increase the pace whatever I try.
Maybe it is time for some one on one sessions to work out where I am going wrong. Something has to change anyway as the Dextro tri isnt that far away...
...as for the bike and the run, I have no worries about that at all, it's just getting to those stages that is holding me back!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment