Muggy lunchtime session yesterday. Very low cloud and high humidity made everything seem particularly hard work…especially given that I had run back to back on Sunday and Monday.
Despite all this, I felt strong during the session (I went in group “4” which was really group 2) and found myself towards the front of the group, especially during the latter recoveries when most people tend to drop back.
Particularly pleasing were the uphill sprints where my legs felt strong. Probably due to the weekly thrash up Wycombe and Spit Hill I have started doing on the way home from work.
Total time: 29.53
Gate 2 Gate: 2.35
Max H/R: 170, Ave: 145
In the evening, Catherine and I joined with Ric and Hayley and made our volleyball debut on the beach down at Manly. We have been meaning to try this for a while, and since we moved to Queenscliff, but for one reason or another, we had delayed it. It was actually the first time that either of us had played and we really enjoyed it…but boy is it hard work running and turning on the sand! I was literally dripping by the end of the hour. And this morning I have sore wrists as well. Great fun though and we will certainly give it another go soon. It was also nice to do something different to running for a change...
No comments:
Post a Comment