Monday, May 11, 2015

10km Tempo

After a week of pointless travel to the UK, training had fallen off the radar for one reason or another. Apart from a pathetic pre-flight trudge over 41 minutes last Sunday, I hadn't done anything since running the wharves last Friday lunchtime.

Finally managed to head out at 5pm while the girls were feasting and decided to embark on a quick 10km thrash to see where I was at.

Immediately felt good as I ran into Manly, past the wharf and out to Shelly. I then turned and retraced my steps almost reaching QLSC before turning with 5km on the watch. First 5km done in 21.48 @4.21's.

Tried to pick up the pace from the turnaround and managed to hold 4.15's fairly comfortably until I got caught in traffic coming back from Shelly and the small hills back towards MSLC.

From then on it was hard work as I just tried to hold on up past the aquarium and back to Fairlight in 22 mins exactly.

All up 10km in 43.49, @ 4.22's. Not too shabby really...

No comments:

Post a Comment