Sunday, April 5, 2015

Striders 10km - Lane Cove - 45.19

Picked up Tim in the pitch black and pouring rain for his last race before his return to the motherland that afternoon...

Made our way out to Lane Cove in teeming rain...and still no light by 7am.

No time for a warm up due to an urgent visit needed just before the start. Started off around the middle of the pack and off we went. Felt ok for the first few km's although the splits were a little disappointing. Made our way up Scribbly with Tim right behind me before he pulled the pin on the flat section near to the toll hut. He'd been having calf problems all week and rightly decided that it wasn't worth pushing on if the calf still wasn't right...

So onwards I went on my lonesome, and slower went the splits as a result. Not a lot to really say about the rest of the race....it was all basically hard work, especially the hill to the turnaround and the roller coaster section on the way home. My legs had nothing, especially on the hills.

Saw the 45 mins pacer pass me with about 3km to go so knew things were going bad....held on as best I could, but was unable to pick up the pace over the last few km's to the finish line and struggled over the finish line drenched and knackered.

Not the race I expected or wanted...but still enjoyable nonetheless. I suspect I still have 6 Foot in my legs 3 weeks on.

Km splits: 4.31/8.49 (2-3)/ 4.24/ 4.49/ 4.41/ 4.29/ 4.30/ 4.40/ 4.23

Time to get some speed back in my legs I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment