Monday, April 20, 2015

Brick is back

After a busy Saturday and Sunday morning, I eventually made it out at Sunday lunchtime while number 1 was watching TV and number 2 was asleep...

Decided to break things up with a brick session, principally to do something different and also to see where I am up to with one eye on Port Stephens in a few weeks time.

Headed off on the orange beast as the Evo needs tinkering after the move, and I couldn't be bothered to get the P2 out.

Decided on the same circuit I was doing in preparation for Port Stephens last year, which involved looping out past Harris Farm, towards the Mall and then back along Pittwater Road.

Decided to put the hammer down from the get go, averaging over 30 km/hr for the most part, completing each loop in around 18 minutes flat. The legs started to tire towards the end, but I was still able to loop back home in under an hour for the 30kms which was the intention.

After a quick turnaround, I was back out for a quick run. Originally planning on 30 mins, this was soon truncated to 25 mins due to the extra time taken to navigate the traffic lights along Pittwater Road.

Immediately felt comfortable as I ran past the wharf, along to MSLSC before looping back along the beachfront to North Steyne, turning around and retracing my steps back home.

Ended up with just under 6km on the clock, averaging 4.34's for the run. Not too shabby really.

Overall a great session, and good to mix things up for once. Will try and make this a regular weekend thing from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment