Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Finishing touches

Not a lot planned this week...and with Alice not well, the aim has been to avoid getting ill and try and get some sleep as my number one priority.

Tuesday I took the P2 up to North Head after work so I could fine tune my saddle and riding position. Basically, after a bit of tinkering I settled on the position that I actually think Blair recommended when I had the bike fitted originally. Since then I suspect the saddle has slipped forward a couple of times, such that I was starting to get sore. Anyway, hopefully this adjustment and pushing the saddle back will have worked...not ideal so close to race day but it needed to be done.

Wednesday, again after an early mark , I put the wettie on and headed down to South Steyne, keen to roll the arms over a final time.

With no swell, the conditions were pretty much ideal with the visibility spectacular all the way across. With the water temps pretty much like a bath it was a lovely swim to Shelly and back. Not that slow either and I felt good in the water. Almost makes swimming enjoyable at times like that.

Manly - Shelly: 13.32
Shelly - Manly: 13.21

No comments:

Post a Comment