Thursday, September 13, 2012

HuRTS - 5 x 7mins

Met up with Tim and his mate for our second venture to a HuRTS session.

The set was to be 4 x 2km with a 2 minute rest, although it was amended to 7 mins on, 2 mins off for those who can't run 3.30's!

The route took us from the Park Hyatt, under the bridge and along Hickson Road before returning to the Hyatt and so on.

I tried to take rep 1 easy, tucking in behind Tim for the majority of the time and ending up averaging 3.58's quite comfortably.

On the return leg, Tim got away from me and I was only able to average 4.00's although I suspect that was influenced by the fact I got back to the Hyatt early and slowed up without stopping the watch.

Rep 3 was tough, but I managed a 3.57 before rep 4 was probably the toughest of the lot at a depressing 4.08's.

With the other guys off to warm down, Tim and I decided on an extra rep, building into it to record a 4.09.

All up an 8km session. Tough on the legs though and my quads are now literally sore to the touch...maybe I will catch the ferry home instead of riding!

Many more of these and I will definitely get quicker though. That's if speed is what I am looking for at the moment...which it's not!

No comments:

Post a Comment