Friday, August 31, 2012

Not the B&B....

The plan was to join the boys at the B&B...and I even got the wetsuit out last night in preparation...

But in the end I bottled it, pure and simple. The fact is I don't have enough confidence in my swimming ability at the moment such that I am just too slow in the water at the moment...

Instead I headed up to C&P for a lunchtime splash, deciding just to crank out 1500m straight. Started off the first 200m with the pool buoy before dropping it and completing the rest without.

I actually felt surprisingly good throughout, although I think I might be dropping my left hand too early. I also need to focus more on my hand entry, making sure it is wide in the water to give my body more stability.

That being said it was nice to just swim solidly without constantly stopping and starting. Hey, I even moved from the slow to the medium last after 1km...now that's progress!

All up 1500m in around 38 minutes. Still slow, but not as slow as some!

All up 4.5km in the week too....another record maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment