Thursday, November 3, 2011

Longer, quicker swim

Managed another early mark from work, and with Catherine doing yoga things, I popped down to the pool for a dip. Decided to wear the tri shorts instead of the budgies...hopefully for increased buoyancy.

The pool was probably the coldest it has been so far, and so I got straight into a 500m warm up which I completed in 11.25. Focussed on straight legs, making myself taller in the water and wide arm entry points. Felt a lot stronger as a result.

I then decided to try out the 5x200m intervals again, the aim being to go at 5 minute intervals.

Not sure why (maybe it was the shorts!?) but I easily managed all 5 this time around, with a 25-30 second recovery which was plenty.

I then decided to take advantage of the positivity and keep going with 5 x 100m intervals, going on 3 minutes with each 100m being around 2.10.

Very happy with the set and how I felt in the water with the shorts on, even happier that I wasn't filmed. Will see how the lesson goes tomorrow morning...

I might get out for an easy run later on before the pub, will see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment