Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2km swim

With a busy work day ahead, I decided to take advantage of an early start and nip to Cook & Phillip before work.

Having not done a solid long session for a few weeks, I decided to just crank out 2km straight. After all it seems to be working for Tim.

Managed to keep the 500m splits kind of even. 12.30/13.00/12.45.12.45 for 51 minutes all up, only losing a minute overall based on my usual 12.30 splits.

Tried to concentrate on technique - high elbows, breathing early, diaphragm breathing, gliding etc. Not sure it had much effect, but at least it distracted me from the actual swimming part!

Nice to tick this one off before work. I think the plan is to run home tonight. Catherine reckons I am not doing enough long running - she may have a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment