Thursday, September 8, 2011

Swim and footy

An early kick off meant I only had time for a very quick dip beforehand - which was probably for the best as my body was pretty tired by the time I hit the water. Only managed 800m as a result, and that was pretty crap and slow. Felt lethargic the whole time. Split into 500m + 3 x 100m and was very happy to get out of the pool in the end.
Turns out we only had 5 for footy as Keith's bro forgot his boots. Gary, Joe, Keith, Tom and I.

We were playing the team placed bottom and they turned up with 9 players despite not having won a game all season. Keen stuff!

I started in goal as was still feeling tired.

I wont go in to all the details, but we ended up winning 4-2, having been 1-0 down early on. I equalised and also set up Tom's winning goal so pretty happy with that. To be fair, they weren't a good team, but were defensively well organised, which is something we always seem so struggle with. We aren't good at playing through teams, preferring to counter attack with quick passes. When we have to think about attacking we seem to just play bad balls! Some poor first touches last night didn't help either.

Still, a win is a win and makes our record 3-2 for the season and keeps us in with a shout for the top 4. Until we play the top team next week....actually I might take next week off what with the marathon only 4 days afterwards.

Even managed a post game run to catch the 6.40pm ferry.

Time for some rest now I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment