I was in two minds whether to play squash so soon after yesterday. My legs were actually feeling surprisingly ok after an early massage...and with Ric just about to become a father...and therefore liable to cancel at a moments notice anyway, I decided to go for it and see how it went.
Ric picked me up and we were on court early for once.
After a thorough warm up and stretch, I took out the first game to 3, before backing up to take game 2 to 5.
From then on I lost 3 games straight, although to my credit I was competitive in each one, only losing to 5, 8 and 6 respectively. All close games.
Strangely I actually felt strong throughout and it was only afterwards at home that my legs started to tighten and stiften up...
But a good, solid hit out nontheless and pleasing that there aren't any specific niggles post marathon, just general soreness.
No comments:
Post a Comment