Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Strange squash

Back on the show court last night at last....Court 1. The best of the 3 available as it has better lighting, a lighter surface.

For the first time in I dont know how many weeks I managed to win game 1, 9-5 before losing game 2, 9-4. I then took game 3 and was 8-1 up in game 4. All wrapped up with the fat lady about to sing. Surely. Easy. I don't think I have ever lost before having been 8-1 up, but last night I did, losing 10-8, despite serving at least four times for the game. Some strange shots going on in the game as well as a lot of lets when we were 8-8 including one shot that rebounded off the very top of the back wall. Apparently that is in?! Whichever, I really shouldn't have lost having been so far ahead. Bad form.

After a break, we still had time to sneak in a final game which I managed to take 9-2 so at least I secured my first victory in a while...but the memory of throwing away game 4 will live on for a while.

Overall not the greatest game of squash ever with both of us making silly mistakes and resorting to the big kahooner shot instead of trying to play more delicately. Still, an enjoyable hour's sport and very different to pounding the pavement for 30kms!

No comments:

Post a Comment