Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wrong Pain

Met Tim, Dave and Roly and headed up to 'the tree' for another sprint session.

Missed group 2 due to excessive chatting and so ended up in group 3. Relatively small group despite the huge numbers of people milling around.

Set off at a pretty conservative pace and started to be caught by group 4 and so I decided pushed the pace through the middle sets to keep ahead. Nothing worse than being caught by the group behind!

Started to feel sugar deficient along the G2G but still managed a good time, finishing off the last 3 sprints strongly.

Good to be doing these sessions with people I know at last...first time in about 3 years since I started rocking up on a Tuesday lunchtime on my own. Makes the session a lot more enjoyable.

Not sure about the plans for the rest of the week - will probably try for a 20km run home tomorrow and then maybe 30km on Saturday or the Sri Chimnoy 24km on Sunday, although not sure I can be bothered to go quite that far! Plus, it was nice to get the long run out of the way on Saturday morning!

Will also try and fit in a swim on either Thursday or Friday.

Time: 28.18
G2G: 2.35
HR: 148 (ave) / 171 (max)

No comments:

Post a Comment