First game of the new footy season tonight, after a two week lay off as we didn't qualify for the semi finals last time around.
7pm kick off so popped up for a swim before the game and was greeted by about a million others who also wanted to to swim at the same time. Combined with the fact that half the lanes were closed for squads, it was total chaos in the pool. Despite this I managed to crank out 1100/1200m, split into 500/600 (I lost count) - 500 - 100. I lost count of the number of times I was overtaken, instead concentrating on my form which I felt was coming together in parts. This was the first time I had been in a chlorine pool for a few weeks as most of my recent swimming has been in the ocean pool which is saltwater. As a result I definitely felt much heavier in the water and lower as a result which in turn meant that breathing was hard work as I had to move my head further around. I also had to work harder to keep bouyant. Still, I am managing to keep up with my goal of 1 x swim a week through winter so that's something.
After a quick turn around it was straight onto court for Berocca's first game of the new season. We played a team we had never played before and to be honest we end up being beaten by a much better side. They seemed to be all over the place, had 3 x subs and ran their hearts out from start to finish. Whereas we were laboured, clearly unfit and didn't run at all.
As a result we were well beaten 5/6-2 in the end (the doubt in the score arising from their final goal which may have sneaked in after the hooter). I have to take responsibility for one of their goals but the rest were soft and the result of bad defending.
So not a great start to the season...added to which we really need to start being more positive when we go down a couple of goals - too often we turn on each other which doesn't help anyone or team morale. After all this is supposed to be fun!
Oh well, at least we haven't got the French next Wednesday night, kick off at 10pm!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment