Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rewarding Pain

Another tough session today after a week off last week due to the Easter holidays.
Again, I went in Group 3 which in reality was Group 2.

This time the pace was quicker from the get go, especially the recoveries which were a lot faster right from sprint 1.

A cool day so perfect running conditions with very little wind. As a consequence I managed to keep up easier than last time and didn’t finish last in the sprints which was nice. In fact a number of the guys seem to go too hard too early and were really struggling for the last couple as a consequence.

The Farm Cove interval was hard work but helped by a bit of competitions from one of the other guys who pulled me through the last 200m or so. From then on it was a matter of holding on and trying to keep in touch, which I achieved. Just.

Overall another good session and despite struggling I did feel strong at times, especially during the longer intervals when I was able to pick up the pace towards the end…must be the endurance kicking in! A good time too, picking up another 25 odd seconds to make it the fastest of the year again...

Time: 27.07
Average HR: 154
Max HR: 172
G2G: 2.35

No comments:

Post a Comment