Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rainy squash

Very autumnal last night for squash. With the clocks going back an hour, it was almost dark by the time we started playing at 6pm...and then it started raining which gave it a distinctively English feel. Plus, there were a million screaming kids playing tennis on the next court which was very distracting. It's amazing how much you listen for the ball in squash.

Despite the distractions, it turned into a close game in the end which I managed to sneak in the decider 3-2. I took out the first game before falling 2-1 behind and then pulling back to 2-2 before a bit of an epic final game which involved me pulling back from 6-2 down to win 9-7. Lots of let calls last night, probably because we are both getting better and closer. Quite a phyiscal game too with a few lucky calls going against both of us.

Need to back off the exercise this week if I am to do well on Sunday. Speaking of which, the best news of the day is that my swim wave for Sunday is 45 mins before the last wave goes...which means I will have lots of people behind me and should give me ample time to doggy paddle around the course and not be the last person out of the water...and at least make it onto the bike leg without getting disqualified!

No comments:

Post a Comment