Monday, April 4, 2011

Dark swim

Had a big afternoon lawn bowling on Saturday afternoon, and so I wasn’t feeling human until well into Sunday afternoon.

Popped along to watch WCB at their pre contest performance in Mona Vale. Sounded tight and Dances and Alleluias sounded good, although with only 3 tubas, and I only recognised Di. Didn’t feel like I was missing anything, and surprisingly, I didn’t miss playing at all. Looks like this could be a longer musical hiatus than I initially thought. Nice to support them though and I hope they do well in Adelaide.

Got back home by about 5.30pm and decided I needed to do something so trundled down to the pool with Catherine to try and rescue some exercise from what was left of the day. With the clocks having gone back overnight, it was getting dark by the time we set off. Plus the water was cold.

I was just going to crank out a straight 1500m but decided to break it up into 3x500m with 90 second recover instead to try and inject some impetus into the set. Catherine stayed for the first two sets.

Timewise, if nothing else, I was consistent at 12.30 for each set give or take a few seconds for 45 mins all up. Still very slow. Plus it was pitch black by the time I had finished, aside from the spotlight half way down the pool. I think I am just going to have to ignore the quicker people on Sunday and just swim my own race…hopefully the wet suit will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment