Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Squash comeback

Back to the squash court with Ric last night…and feeling remarkably fresh after Pain at lunchtime.

Started badly losing the first 3 games including a 9-0 demolition in game 2. Games 1 and 3 were a little closer…but still no cigar! Not a great start.

I managed to pull one game back easily and then battled through the next to make it 3-2 with 10 minutes to go…would I be able to even it up before our time ran out.

Game 6 started with a 6 point scoring run before Ric pulled it back to 6-5…luckily I then summed up enough energy to turn the tide again and ran out a 9-5 winner to even up the score 3-3.

The best game of squash we have played for a while, although I suspect Ric’s fitness levels were perhaps the reason for letting me back in to the game rather than my skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment