Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pain without orthotics

My first pain in 2 weeks. In fact it was the first speed session I had done in a while as I had missed the last few BTC Track sessions for various reasons. I also forgot my orthotics and so did the session without any insoles for my feet which made for an interesting experience.

Ended up in group 2 which seemed to be more like group 3. Appearances were deceptive, however, as it turned out to be a pretty fast session. About 15 in the group.

The legs took a while to warm up, but by the time we were running along Farm Cove, things seemed to be moving nicely. G2G was surprisingly faster than recent times. I then felt strong for the rest of the set, although surprisingly, I was the only one of the group to actually run the penultimate sprint from the top of the steps…most started a couple of metres up the hill!! No doubt saving themselves for the crowd sprint at the end..

Time: 28.06
Ave HR: 148 / Max HR: 171
G2G: 2.33

No comments:

Post a Comment