Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Man flu squash

Sunday’s run seems to have brought on a dose of man flu. Catherine reckons it was bound to happen given the training I have been doing over the past few weeks, coupled with the lack of rest in between sessions.

Took the day off sick as a consequence, but felt sufficiently well to trundle down for a game of squash with Ric in the evening. Felt surprisingly good for the first couple of games, less so for the second 2. In a change of circumstances, I lead twice, 1-0 and 2-1 before Ric pegged it back to 2-2. The fifth game was even but I was having difficulties holding my racket…probably due to the excessive sweating as a result of my unwellness. This resulted in me flinging the racket across the court (accidentally of course!), narrowly missing Ric in the process. At this point, I thought it was probably best to call it a day and so we finished early. It was only afterwards that I discovered that the impact of the racket on the wall had actually broken it along the rim and so now I need a new squash racket into the bargain! Lovely.

Felt pretty rough for the rest of the evening and night…and so I am going to give myself a day off tomorrow, rest up and see if I can shake the cold before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment