Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Heavy legged pain

If ever there was a day when the mind was keen but the body wasn’t then today was that day.

Turned up to Pain feeling like my legs were literally made of stone. They just wouldn’t work quickly and every step I took felt like such an effort! The cadence was slow and I just couldn’t get going. Maybe the 10km plus the 16km yesterday had finally taken their toll?

I went in group 3/4 again which was larger than normal, probably due to the summery weather. I managed to comfortably stay within the body of the group for the whole set without ever really feeling like I was pushing it, a fact borne out by my average HR of 139 with a max of 163 which is lower than previous weeks, even considering the increased humidity and temperature. I even managed to push the last few reps quite comfortably without feeling that I was working too hard.

Now, sat at my desk, my legs still feel tired and heavy…but my wetsuit has finally arrived, so maybe now is the time to start cranking up the swimming at the expense of maybe one of my weekly runs. Maybe I will also inflate my bike tyres while I am at it…..

Overall time: 31.34 (longer route due to works near Mrs Mac’s Chair)
Gate 2 Gate: 2.45
Average HR: 139 / Max: 163

No comments:

Post a Comment