With Tim laid low with gastric and Roly taking it easy after the half, I decided to head out on my own at lunchtime.
Not particularly tempted by the offerings of Pain or a 45 minute tempo set (HuRTS), I decided on a longer, slower run instead. I have been aware that I have been neglecting my running recently and so this was a good chance to get some km's into the legs.
Whilst in a radical mood, I also decided to head to Centennial Park for something different. Not having run this way at lunchtime, I was unsure how long it would take me to get there and therefore how long I would have in the Park.
Encouragingly, I was at the gates 17 minutes after leaving the city, completing one lap 18 minutes later. With time to spare I decided on another 'half lap' that took another 14 minutes. I suspect it was more than half a lap.
I then retraced my steps past the SCG and SFS, getting back to the CBD with 1.10 on the Garmin.
All up probably around 14km at 4.55's or thereabouts, the Garmin didn't pick me up until I was on Oxford Street for some reason.
Lovely day and nice to run in a different part of Sydney for a change!
No comments:
Post a Comment