Met up with Roly early afternoon for a trot up the Beaches. The aim was to push the pace for as long as we could, and to run for 2.5 hours all up which would hopefully give us 30km or just over.
We followed the same route as last week, reaching North Narrabeen in 56 minutes, 4 minutes quicker than last week before looping along the lake, along Pittwater Road and then around Pittwater Park 3 times until the Garmin showed 1.15.
We then retraced our steps back the way we had come, reaching Freshie in 2.26 and with 29.5km on the clock. I then added on the last 500m running up and down Queenscliff Road.
Timing wise, we went through 21km in 1.42 and 25km averaging 4.52's with the last 9km taking 45 mins, i.e. a bit slower than I would have liked. To be honest I felt strong throughout, although I struggled up the last couple of hills back into Curl Curl and then back into Freshie.
All up 30km in 2.27. Overall average of 4.54/km. Comparing it to the North Head 30km loop, I was 9 minutes quicker...encouraging signs!
No comments:
Post a Comment