Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shorter Brick

With only a week until the Gong, Tim and I headed out at 7.30am for a 40/10 brick session, riding up the beaches, turning at Church Point and retracing our steps to Manly for 41.35km all up in 1.31.

Tim was riding his P2, but with the SRAM wheels still on my P2, I opted for the Cannondale, as I couldn't be bothered to swap them around with the race only 7 days ago. Slack effort really.

As expected, the pace was a little quick for me as Tim was keen to get aero as much as possible.

After a quick turnaround in the garage/T1, it was out for a run, deciding on the Sydney Road route adding in the Spit to Manly route from Fairlight for good measure.

By the time we got into a rhythm along Kenneth the legs and the quads in particular were starting to feel tired after a tough couple of days and so I was happy not to push things, settling into 5.15's and chatting all the way.

We continued at this pace, finishing at North Steyne for 10km in 53 mins exactly. A little slower than I would have wanted to, but not surprising either given Thursday night's session and the 10km race yesterday.

All up 2.25 for the session, which is about my target time for next week...give or take 5 mins!

Away in SA Mon - Weds this week so training will again have to take a back seat. Might try and sneak in a swim tomorrow lunchtime, work permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment