Thursday, March 1, 2012

Even the best laid plans...

The plan was to hit this week hard and taper next week for the Gong tri.

However, too many celebratory post Sydney marathon/Melbourne marathon/Nepean tri/Canberra HIM/Husky long course pints with Roly and Tim on Saturday night, the cricket on Sunday and then a work trip to Carnarvon in WA put paid to that idea. As a result I had done nothing since the 12km I sneaked in on Saturday afternoon until this morning when I rode to work.

Unsurprisingly, the legs felt remarkably fresh after 4 days off.

As a result I broke 50 mins for the ride in - possible the first time ever. 4.08 up Parrawi.

The revised plan for the rest of the week will (weather permitting) involve Track tonight and a swim tomorrow.

The weekend is looking better weather wise, so I might try and sneak in the Striders 10km at North Head on Saturday and back it up with a ride/run on Sunday morning.

Next week looks like a write off as well as I will be flying to Ceduna Monday - Wednesday then in Bourke Thursday - Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment