Decided to ride to work for the first time on the bike since the ITU tri a few weeks ago.
With the quad STILL not right, I planned to take it very easy and not push the pace.
All went well until I made it to Seaforth. What I didn't plan for, however, was the enormous downpour that greated me when I got there. I have never seen rain like it, it was torrential - I felt like I was cycling in a river never mind on a road which made things particularly hard work and also a little dangerous, especially on the descent to the Spit Bridge where I rode like an old woman I was on the brakes that much.
After a pit stop to check what needed to be dry was still dry (phone), I pushed on up Parrawi to Mosman and then on to Neutral Bay only to be greeted by another downpour when I got to Kirribilli. I was of course totally soaked by this point and focussed entirely on getting to work in one piece - which I managed eventually.
I then spent a good 10 mins drying the bike at work before hitting the shower only to find that my under garments were totoally soaked after all!
Not a great start to the day...
Total km: 19.9
Time: 57.17
Ave speed: 20.8 km/hr
p.s. the photo below shows the view we had on Anzac Day at the MCG - such a great occasion.

No comments:
Post a Comment