Been away in Perth for the past 8 days watching cricket and drinking fine wine in Margaret River.
With 6 Foot only a matter of weeks away, I was keen to keep up with the medium to long run regime and so I managed to schedule a few hours first thing every other day and head out for a couple of runs to keep the legs ticking over. I was aiming for 15km for each run.
We were staying in Perth to start with, close to Kings Park which provided an ideal venue for the first 2 runs, which consisted of 2 laps of Kings Park each. Given that the park is largely flat, I then decided to finish the run off with 3-4 repeats of Jacobs Ladder each time, which is basically 250 steps up from Mounts Bay Road to the Park. Hard graft, but good prep.
Once in Margaret River, I stumbled upon a lovely walking track from the river bridge called the Ten Mile Brook Dam Trail which is basically an out and back track along the river and to the dam and back. Again, a lovely route first thing in the morning, albeit very hot! There certainly are some lovely trails around Margaret River.
I also managed to fit in a couple of swims while I was there, albeit only in the hotel pools. But something is better than nothing I guess….the only cycling was a scenic tour of Rottnest Island in 40 degree heat.
I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5.30am tomorrow for the Striders run..but I need to get the long runs in before the race.
Overall I probably ran about 50kms all up but with a fair number of hills thrown in so still on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment