Total carnage today. Mid 35 degrees and humid. Farm Cove was basically just a mess of mangled, ruined runners.
I was in two minds whether to do the set but decided to trot up seeing as though I am in Perth for a week and will miss next week, plus Track.
Went in group 3 which seemed about right pace wise. The first few sprints were tough as I got used to the heat with things only starting to feel right after about 10 mins or so. By this time I was dripping wet and seeking any bit of shade I could find along the course.
G2G was nothing to write home about, but by this time it was more about survival than times. Having said all that, I seemed to be leading a lot of the recoveries from half way, so some were clearly suffering more than me!
The last sprint was a whole lot of no fun, and I ended up collapsing under the tree at the end, minus about 5 litres of water.
Total time: 30.11
Average HR: 150, max: 174
G2G: 2.43
No comments:
Post a Comment