Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Ride

I was tempted by a social Christmas Eve ride invitation from Mike and so I headed out early to meet the guys at Dan Murphys. After the obligatory check of my bike to see if it really was roadworthy(apparently the front tyre needed a lot more air - thanks Andrew!), we headed up Pittwater Road and around to Church Point. Dan left us at the top of the hill out of Church Point, at which point Mike, Andrew, Mike H and I decided to roll back down to Akuna Bay, then out to West Head and back to Church Point before the long pull up to Terrey Hills (again).

By this time I was really starting to struggle and my energy levels were feeling low as I only had water with me whereas the guys had all brought food on the ride. We stopped at the Terrey Hills bakery at which point I stuffed down a custard and cream puff thing (the rest of the boys had more sedate scones!). It certainly seemed to do the job though as we flew down Forest Way and then along the Wakehurst Parkway to Seaforth, at which point we parted ways and I headed back home for some much needed food!


All in all a great way to start Christmas Eve, and I managed to keep up with the rest of the crew for the majority of the ride (even though Mike was riding his single speed!) which is encouraging. I just need to keep up one ride a week now...


The ride also marked the debut of my new Garmin toy. Thanks again to Mike for showing me how to use the bike setting!


No comments:

Post a Comment